Take the Rachel Carson Legacy Challenge:
There are many ways that your individual action can help make a difference to the world we live in today and the one our children will live in tomorrow. After all, Rachel Carson was just one woman, one voice. Her actions that alerted the world of the inherent dangers of indiscriminate use of chemical pesticides to the environment and human health, and the need to consider the role our pollution was playing in undermining our future well being, changed the way we think about our place in the web of life and helped bring about the environmental protection acts we have today.
There is still much work to be done and your commitment to personal action makes a difference!
Here are some suggestions for your Rachel Carson Legacy Challenge commitment. Or come up with your own!
- Go carbon-neutral!
- Begin an Integrated Pest Management program in your home and garden
- Buy Fresh, Buy Local
- Reduce your’s and your family’s use of and exposure to chemicals
- Take the bus, walk, cycle or carpool
- Conserve energy
- Consider Alternative Fuels & Energy Sources
- Protect and Enjoy the Great Outdoors!
- Consider: What would Rachel do?
Your pledge of commitment to the Rachel Carson Legacy Challenge will be posted on our Web site to inspire others to take action. The RCHA reserves the right to delete pledges that may be considered offensive.