We will soon announce 2024 drawing
Tickets will remain $100 each. Drawing via Zoom on Sunday March 31, 2024 at 1 p.m.
Our March 2023 drawing was recorded and is available on Vimeo. It starts with our ticket prep (verifying stubs against a list of receipts, then folding and putting into a basket…) drawing is at about 15 minutes.
Enjoy this vimeo presentation and interview…
Please wait – we’ll have 2024 tickets available shortly!
We are required to record your confirmation that you are at least 18 years old & agreement that the award is not transferable,* and understanding that the cottage will be used for a personal visit.**
Complete the form below
- You will be directed to a SECURE site to complete your purchase. (Check for a pop-up blocker or contact us by phone/text 724-504-2463) or email to “Info” for assistance.
- Pennsylvania regulations require us to have your valid mailing address.
- California prohibits online raffle ticket purchases! (You could use USPS or phone).
- You can pay using a credit or debit card (middle of form), PayPal, or CashApp.
* Upon receipt of payment, ticket(s) will be mailed to you via USPS.
* We regret that an additional charge of $150 is required for extra cleaning services due to COVID. Adding this amount to the cottage rental, would cause the prize value to exceed the limit set by our Small Games of Chance license…so unfortunately, RCHA cannot pay this fee for you. Thank you for understanding!
Thank you to everyone who participates in this EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY and important fund-raiser for the chance to visit Rachel Carson’s private ocean-front cottage in Maine.
View from Rachel Carson’s Cottage at the Edge of the Sea, photo taken by previous winner, Tracy Merrick!
Imagine yourself at Miss Carson’s desk in the summer home on Southport Island, Maine! Rachel designed the cottage and loved her time there! The four-bedroom cottage sits above the Sheepscot River, a long inlet to the sea, amidst spruce and pine atop a rocky, granite bluff overlooking tidal pools and gulls, seals and lobster boats. A short path leads to the shore and its tide pools, bringing The Edge of The Sea to life for you!
2023 Winner – Melissa, Washington, D.C.
2022 Winner – Kathy, Washington, D.C.
2021 Winner – Alexandra G., Pittsburgh, PA
2020 Winner – Elise R. , Los Angeles, CA
2019 Winner – Colleen Webster, Havre de Grace, MD
2018 Winner – Tracy Merrick, Wexford, PA
2017 Winner – Raina Rippel, McMurray, PA
The Rachel Carson Homestead Association (RCHA) Rachel’s birthplace and home for her first 22 years, reserved Rachel’s Maine cottage for one week this summer – seven full days in July, only 100 chances with winning ticket to be drawn on Sunday March 31, 2024 at 1 p.m. Proceeds support RCHA operations and programs. We normally rely on tour revenue to cover many costs for the historic home. COVID changed that so this fund-raiser is more important to maintain the Homestead in Springdale, PA.
The cottage has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, an equipped kitchen, outdoor grill, screened porch, western-facing deck from which to view glowing sunsets, paths to the ocean, and granite outcrops with sandy tide pools. It is a classic 1950s cottage is fully furnished (with bedding). Wi-fi, cable-tv and additional services are not provided. The pine-paneled rooms have picture windows to the sea and sunsets evoking Carson’s sense of wonder with ability to imagine the genesis of oceans, evolution of living creatures, and her awe in the face of such majesty and mystery. Nearby attractions include Boothbay Harbor and Ocean Harbor, whale-watching and puffin trips, kayak and bicycle rentals, Atlantic white-sided dolphins, quaint and cozy shops, cottages – or complete solitude at any time!
Check out Bob Musil’s essay about his recent visit…